Bride Nightmare 02: hidden charges


I booked Ms P (or Mr P... however you look at it) for hair and makeup (HMU). We've settled on the price and the terms 7 months before my wedding. We did all of this via text and calls because she's supposedly a friend of my uncle, she even did my cousin's HMU 2 years ago for her wedding. Ms P said we don't need to draft a contract, that she'll be sure to be there on my big day and she'll take care of me and there is nothing to worry about.

It's two months before my big day and a couple of ladies from my entourage wants to have their HMU done by my artist. So my mom, who is my very reliable wedding personal assistant, volunteers to arrange it with Ms P.

Ms P replies with the additional price per head. But she surprises us with a new information she's charging us an additional 5k for out of town fee on top of the original arrangement where she wants to have a room in the same hotel I'll be staying in because my wedding is the morning and we'll be starting at around 4am.

The hotel arrangement for me was already a stretch. Now, with only a couple of months left, she's adding an out of town fee that she could have already told us from the start.

We canceled our previous arrangement with her and I am now a happy, at peace, bride of Ms Nybie Ng. Now how that happened is a cute little story I'll share later.

Comments